31 minutes ago – 15:32 | All, Coronavirus, World, Japan
Here are the latest updates from Japan and beyond on the coronavirus outbreak:
(A shopping arcade in Tokyo is crowded with shoppers on April 19 despite government requests to stay home)
List of shops closed in Tokyo following emergency declaration
Useful resources for foreign residents and visitors in Japan
- NEW! Tokyo Metropolitan Government’s “Tokyo Coronavirus Support Center for Foreign Residents (TOCOS)” multilingual hotline
– Available in Simple Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Nepali, Indonesian, Tagalog, Thai, Portuguese, Spanish, French, Khmer, and Burmese, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays except national holidays.
0120-296-004 (toll free)
- AMDA Medical Information Center’s “Multilingual Consultation Service Regarding COVID-19”
(April 10~May 20, 2020)
– Available in English, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on weekends and national holidays. Also available in Chinese, Korean, Tagalog, Thai, Spanish, Vietnamese and Portuguese on designated weekdays. Check schedule here.
– Available in English and Chinese on weekdays only, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government’s COVID-19 info
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government’s hotline
– Available in English, Chinese, Korean and Japanese, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
– Available via fax for those with hearing impairments
- Japan National Tourism Organization’s “Guide for when you are feeling ill”
– Multilingual clinic/hospital search available in English, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese
- JNTO’s “Japan Visitor Hotline“
– Available in English, Chinese, Korean and Japanese 24 hours a day
+81-50-3816-2787 (from overseas)
- Japan’s health ministry hotline
– Available in Japanese only, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- World Health Organization’s “Q&A on coronaviruses“
(Surfers return to Maroubra beach on April 20 in Sydney)
31 minutes ago
| KYODO NEWS